Overview: Location Services permits location-based apps and web sites (including Maps, Camera, Safari, as well as other Apple/Android and third-party apps) to make use of information from mobile, Wi-Fi, and worldwide Positioning System (GPS) networks to determine your approximate location. To make use of this particular feature with Buddy Punch, you have to enable Location solutions on your own unit allowing the Buddy Punch app access.
Enabling Chrome Location Services
1. Start Chrome and then click the three-dotted menu in the most truly effective right-hand corner accompanied by Settings:
2. In the Settings page, click Privacy and protection through the left-hand menu followed by Site Settings:
3. Scroll down and click Location:
4. You may then toggle the Ask before accessing (recommend) choice to allow location services:
To improve the settings for a particular site, discover ways to include and edit exceptions.__________________________________________________________________
Enabling Safari Location Services (Mac)
1. Begin by pressing the Apple icon when you look at the top corner that is left-hand by System Preferences:
2. Then click Security & Privacy:
3. Then click on the tab that is privacy
4. Click the padlock into the bottom corner that is left-hand of screen. You shall be expected to authenticate by entering your pc ID/password. When entered, you’ll then manage to adjust your Location solutions by checking the field close to allow venue Services and ensuring location solutions are enabled designed for Safari:
5. Click on the lock once more once done.
Enabling Microsoft Edge Venue Services
1. Start with pressing the three-dotted menu found within the top right-hand corner of Microsoft Edge followed closely by Settings:
2. When from the settings web page, click web web web Site authorization through the left-hand menu followed by Location:
3. You may then toggle the Ask before accessing (suggested) choice:
You could enable or block certain web sites from accessing where you are:
- Check out an internet site in Microsoft Edge.
- Within the part for the target club, choose the Lock, information, or icon that is dangerous choose web web Site permissions.
- Next to Location, choose Ask (default), enable, or Block through the list.
Enabling Android Location Services
Android Os 10
- Swipe down through the the top of display screen.
- Touch and hold Location. If you do not see Location faucet Edit (Pencil icon) or Settings (Cogwheel). Drag Location into your settings that are quick.
To make your phoneвЂ™s location accuracy on:
- Swipe down through the the top of display screen.
- Touch and hold Location.
- Touch AdvancedGoogle Venue Accuracy.
- Turn Improve venue Accuracy on or down.
Android Os 9.0
- Start your unit’s Settings app.
- Touch Safety & Venue Location.- When you yourself have an ongoing work profile, touch Advanced.
- Then, choose an option:- Turn Location on or off: touch Location.- Scan for nearby sites: Tap AdvancedScanning. Turn Wi-Fi scanning or Bluetooth scanning on or off.- Turn crisis location solution on or off: Tap AdvancedGoogle Emergency venue Service. Turn Emergency venue Service on or down.
Android os 4.4 to 8.1
- Open your phone’s Settings application.
- Touch Protection & LocationLocation. If you do not see “Security & Location,” touch Location.
- Touch Mode. Then select:
- Tall precision: utilize GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile sites, and sensors to obtain the many location that is accurate. Utilize Bing venue Services to aid calculate your phone’s location quicker and more accurately.
- Battery saving: usage sources which use less battery pack, like Wi-Fi and mobile companies. Utilize Google Location Services to greatly help calculate your phone’s location quicker and more accurately.
- Unit just: Only Use GPS. DonвЂ™t use Bing venue Services to produce location information. This could easily calculate your phone’s location more gradually and make use of more battery.
Android os 4.1 to 4.3
- Start your phone’s Settings software.
- Under “Personal,” touch Location access.
- towards the top of the display screen, turn usage of my location on or down.
- When location access is on, select either or both of:- GPS satellites: Lets your phone calculate its location from satellite signals, like a GPS unit in a car.- Wi-Fi & mobile system location: Lets your phone use Bing venue Services to simply help calculate its location quicker, with or without GPS.
- Whenever location access is off:Your phone canвЂ™t find its accurate location or share it with any apps.
Require assistance? More info on the best way to allow location solutions for an Android os unit can be located here
Enabling iOS Location Services
1. Head to Settings Privacy Venue Services.
2. Make sure Location Services is on.
3. Scroll down seriously to get the Buddy Punch application.
4. Tap the software and choose an choice:
- Never ever: Prevents usage of venue Services information.
- When using the App: Allows access to venue Services only once the software or certainly one of its features can be viewed regarding the display screen.
- Always: Allows access to your local area even though the application is within the back ground.
Ask Time that is next lets you select constantly when using App, enable as soon as, or never let.